Today's the day! Happy 11th birthday, Anna!
Anna seeks Charlotte's Web cannabis oil (non-hallucinogenic) to stop her daily seizures. She has been approved for it in Colorado, but unless Pennsylvania legalizes the use of medical marijuana, she and her mom will be moving to Colorado and leaving her sister and dad behind. Her church community, neighbors, and friends rallied behind her and will be personally delivering hundreds of cards to the Pennsylvania legislators on her behalf.
- Blog from a church friend: SixDaysBlog
- Fox43 local news report "Mechanicsburg pastor supports parents effort to get daughter medical marijuana", with video.
- ABC27 local news report - Birthday cards sent in support of medical marijuana - primarily snippets of interviews with friends.
- Vimeo video of card party - Alternate version of ABC27 story.
- Carlisle Sentinel article
- My previous blog post, which included links to articles/video about the Town Hall meeting with Rep Scott Perry and the verbage of the birthday cards.
Today's Anna's actual birthday. Card signing party at the church. 250+ cards, plus coloring sheets from the kids, to be personally delivered to each of the Pennsylvania legislators.
photo source: Kathryn Clymer