Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I agree, but do I "Like" it?

We are blessed with such great friends who pray with and for us, even when (especially when) we can't share much information except that a need exists. 

We held a pretty big life change under wraps until we could tell my parents face-to-face, and in the intervening weeks we hinted around that change was afoot but not what it was.

Now that we finally can tell people (one-to-one at least, we're still not entirely out of radio silence... but ask me in person!), the most common response has been, "How do you feel about it?", with a strong undercurrent of "I'm with you.  I support you.  I stand by your decisions and will take whatever side of the discussion you want me to take."

To that end, I think, FB needs a "empathy "button.  It's better than a "like" button.  You click "empathy" when you like something or agree with someone or laugh along with them.  You click "empathy" when someone posts something you agree with and dislike alongside them.  You click "empathy" when prayer is needed.  When a friend is hurting.  When there is injustice. 


I'd hammer out danger
I'd hammer out a warning
I'd hammer out love between 
my brothers and my sisters
All over this land.


We are so blessed by our pray-ers.  Thank you.

Our children's ministry director, under whom I've taught 2nd/3rd long enough that my first crop of 3rd graders are college juniors, asked me to send a list of requests for the kids to pray with us in junior worship.  I told her to tell the kids that I believe they are not the church of the future, they are the church now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment